• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enselic

tool windows

This topic is 5735 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In MSVC++ you can form a dialog resource so it looks like a typical toolbox window. But how do you use that toolbox? A call to DialogBox() will only concern the messageproc for the toolbox right? Q: How can I have a toolbox window active at the same time as the main window i.e. handle messages in both the message procs?

Advertisement
Create your tool window dialog template in the resources...

Use CreateDialog(hInstance, templateID, hWnd, DLGPROC) to create your dialog. If you created it as a resource than templateID should be something like IDD_MYDIALOG

Create a proc, such as: DLGPROC(HWND hDialogHandle, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) That will hangle your messages to your dialog.

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - Maynard James Keenan
Name: TheBlackJester
Team: Wildfire Studios

Projects
O A.D.
The Last Alliance

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!