• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Win32 documentation?

This topic is 5644 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The question is where? I can't find it on MSDN, just a bunch of stuff about MFC; unless that's what it is. Anyone? Thanks in advance [edit] Perhaps I should be more specific... I'm looking for a reference, as in the tutorials I have read it says I should always look up functions and arguments in the win32 reference. Is there an online version or does it mean a book? [edited by - razza on December 7, 2002 4:38:05 PM]

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
http://msdn.microsoft.com/ is the canonical online reference. It contains both MFC stuff and standard Win32 stuff.

If you search for a function, lets say CreateWindowEx, then the search result you''re interested in will most likely be called "CreateWindowEx Function" (or just look at the links for each result, and avoid anything with ''mfc'' or ''wce'' etc in them, unless of course you want stuff related to MFC or WinCE).

Oh right thanks That will do but does anybody know of a downloadable reference? I only have a pitiful 56k and a limited time online

Heh, yeah. It''d take you days to download all the info that the MSDN Library alone contains, let alone the KB and Code sections. It would be a lot better for you to spend that limited time online looking up the functions/methods you need for your code.
In fact, that''s exactly what I have to do.

The MSDN Library is an extremely helpful resource; it contains absolutely everything you''ll ever need to know about the Win32 API. I use MinGW32 for making Windows programs and so far I''ve had exactly ONE error that resulted from incorrect information.

Twilight Dragon

I should have noted, the same page I linked above also has a link to where you can order the SDK on CD. Might be a solution if modem just won''t cut it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!