• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sphere texturing

This topic is 5558 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hewo, This has to have been covered somewhere, but I can''t seem to find a relevant post about texturing a sphere (gluSphere to be precise). Could someone please direct me to a site that has something about this or maybe give me a little info? We''re trying to map a texture onto a fish. I actually have it working for one bitmap, however, when i change the picture, it only maps a triangle on to the fish. The only thing changed is the name of the picture file, which is quite confusing. I''m pretty sure we''re probably texturing this thing wrong in the first place and it''s only working by a rare occurance. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -nate

Advertisement
A little hint:
Whenever you have texturing problems, some debugging textures can be very useful.
I have a vertical lines, horizontal lines, and "this face up" texture. So, most of the times, I am able to figure out where the problem is, by using them...

• Advertisement