motion blur example with glAccum()

Started by
3 comments, last by zwirdsch 21 years, 4 months ago
Hi there, is there anybody who can give any hint how to implement the motion blur effect with the function "glAccum()", I've searched nearly the whole web for finding this example, I've only found motion blur effects implemented with the "glCopyToTexture()" function. I would be really thankful if someone could give me a link to a demo file or the source code, just something I could work with. Thanks, zwirdsch. [edited by - zwirdsch on December 7, 2002 8:21:32 PM]
Advertisement
One would ask why you don''t use the (implied) well-documented glCopyToTexture() motion blur effect rather than one that is obviously a bit less well-noted.

-Ryan "Run_The_Shadows"
-Run_The_Shadows@excite.com
-The Navidson Record! The best film you''ll never see!
Because I want to compare these two functions, I wanna see the differences. And why is the motion blur effect explained with "glAccum()" in most books when nobody uses it?
zwirdsch
As far as I know, the accumulation buffer isn''t supported in hardware by any consumer cards (high end SGI workstations and the like only) and so is dog slow. Although later Voodoo cards had a cut-down accumulation buffer called the T-buffer, but it was limited and is pretty much dead nowadays.
I believe nVidia is making use of the 3Dfx T-buffer technology in the NV30, through the NV_FLOAT_BUFFER extension, but I''m not sure about that...
Assassin, aka RedBeard. andyc.org

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement