Newbishness

Started by
5 comments, last by Solid Metics 21 years, 4 months ago
Hey Everybody! Well, as you probably already noticed I'm new here, new to game programming as well. But never fear another newbie has come to invade these forums, in other words you'll probably see alot more of me. Anywho, I suppose I should mention a few things about myself and my programming knowledge thus far. About Me: My name is TJ Bear, I live in Sherwood, Oregon USA and am 14 years-old. Currently I'm being homeschooled which leaves plenty of extra time for gaming and programming, yay! Don't play too many games except waronline.net and Lineage: The Bloodpledge. Um, what else. Oh yeah I'm 5'4 and have brown eyes, white/tan skin and blue hair(unnatural of course). Well that pretty much sums it up. Not a whole lot left to say, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. Programming Knowledge: I've only been programming for 5 weeks, and am currently enrolled in a course at gameinstitute.com. It's a 6 week course and I'm on week 3, so we've covered everything up to classes. Which I'm working on learning as we speak. I have a pretty good grasp on the all the basics to console programming: operators, variables, functions, yada yada all the basic data types. And have finally gotten myself to the point where I understand the more "intrinsic data types" as Stan Trujilo(my instructor) calls them. Such as: Arrays, Structures, Pointers, blah blah blah. I'm finding classes semi difficult but I'll eventually master them. Probably in a week or so I'll be moving into windows programming, and Win32 API, and eventually DirectX :-D Well, just thought I'd introduce myself, hope I get to know some of you, and make some friends while I'm here! Peace. ~ Solid Metics [edited by - Solid Metics on December 8, 2002 7:06:35 AM]
"You probably use those fat crayons made for retarded kids." - warbux
Advertisement
Allow me to be the first to say: Welcome aboard!

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

Thanks!
Welcome to Gamedev.net!

My compiler generates one error message: "does not compile."
Welcome young ''un.

And Thank You for not making your first post of the usual variety, like "Hi! I don''t anything about anything, but I wanna be the next John Carmack! Somebody please hold my hand and walk me through the first 10 years it''ll take to create Doom 5! PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!"

For distinguishing yourself in that way, I am very appreciative.
Good luck!
I can say nothing of your programmer or designer skills, but you have communication skills already better than most grown-ups. Keep that in mind and don''t loose them!

...And as others already pointed out, the things you did not say in your first post are perhaps even more important.

Good luck, welcome, have fun and all that!

(My projects and ramblings...)
Thanks to all who bothered to reply. I''m glad I decided to create a username on the forums here, since it seems to be the most active game development community I''ve found. Anywho time to delve back into the mystifying world of game programming :-D

~ Solid Metics

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement