• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help for the rookies.

This topic is 5559 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I was wondering, since i am new to game development and I study c++ on my own, is there any book on game programming that has all the source code in c++? I know many of us, basically younger people that were not here when C was the best thing around, start of by learning c++ and then if we want to go into game dev it''s hard since most of the books use a lot of c code and we find ourselves lost or spending hours trying to figure out how to translate from a language to another. So again, is there any ''good'' game dev book that is written only with c++ or that at least has the basics of the c programming language instead of assumming you know it? Thnx to all that respond.

Advertisement
I never "learned" or read a book on C code, and only did c++ and I get along fine with C code its not all that different, if you put a little effort into it it will be fine. Also most the good books I have read that do have c++ code have sort of a mixture, because I guess some programmers prefer to use some functions that were defined in C, and some of Cs syntax, like define. I recomend gettin The Complete Reference to C++ by herbert shildit. IT has a C primer in the beginning and is also the best book on c++ I have ever read. I am now going through it even though ive been programmign for a while and I have learned alot.

• Advertisement