• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zenwarcloud

NeHe GL Tutorial Lesson 37 Cel-Shading -> How can I view the Model.txt file?

This topic is 5730 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! Does anyone know a way to view the Model.txt file in the Data folder for Lesson 37 on Cel-Shading? It''s too big for Notepad and comes out as rubbish with Wordpad and Word. I even tried Pico, a UNIX text editor, and no luck there either. =( If noone knows how to view Model.txt, then does anyone know where I can find some readable Model files for doing Cel-Shading so I can learn to write my own? Sorry if this is a nooby question, but ummm, I am a nooby! =) Thanks. "A thousand mile journey starts with the first step."

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
hi

it''s no (8bit character) textfile at all, it only has the .txt extension the same thing happens if you rename a model.jpg to model.txt

maybe it is some kind of unicode textfile, they also look kinda rubbish in the wrong viewers ..

but i think this is a simple datafile wich originally have no own extension and the author just saved it as .txt

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!