system("cls") ???

Started by
3 comments, last by julienX 21 years, 4 months ago
I know that system("cls") is used with the header file stdlib.h, but don''t know its exact function. Any help would be great.
chacha
Advertisement
Its clear screen. system() will basically execute a command in the command prompt. Open up a command prompt and type cls for an example

=*=
If things seem bad, think that they can get a whole load worse, and they don''t seem so bad anymore

=*=
Is there a list somewhere for all the system() functions?
The header file is to hard to read

Beatles are the best!
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.
cls is not a function of system() per se - its a command in your command shell. Try typing help at a command prompt.

For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can''t readily accept the God formula, the big answers don''t remain stone- written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us -- Charles Bukowski
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
That system() function can actually call any executable or dos command. Keep in mind though that "cls" only working in text mode. What I''m referring to is technically a dos level command and won''t work if you are doing graphics in any other mode. =) I hope that helped!

-Lewis [m80]
Play QUADz MX @
www.m80produxions.com
Lewis [m80]Interactive Designerhttp://ismstudios.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement