Teach Yourself DirectX7 in 24 Hours??

Started by
3 comments, last by Ronald Forbes 23 years, 12 months ago
Is it a good book? It''s relatively cheap compared to alot of other programming books. ($29.99 in US) Just wondering.
C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN
Advertisement
i got this book as my first programming book, and i thought that it gave quite a good hold on the DirectX structure, in a learning type sense. But I can tell you that you won''t learn it in 24 hours...heh.

email: chickawow@netzero.net

annex software: http://annexsoftware.cjb.net
I own it. It isn''t bad but make sure you know your windows programming before you try to learn DirectX.

- Moe -
This book is bad. Even if you pretend that you can learn DirectX in 24 DAYS, let alone 24 hours.

Most of the examples didn''t compile without some tweaking.
I would highly reccomend either Windows Game Programming for Dummies or Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus both by Andre LaMothe. I''ve read both of them and all I know about DirectX I learned from them. The only downside if you get Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus is that there are some typos, but this may have been fixed by now.

Visit our web site:
Asylum Entertainment
My Geekcode: "GCS d s: a14 C++$ P+(++) L+ E-- W+++$ K- w++(+++) O---- M-- Y-- PGP- t XR- tv+ b++ DI+(+++) D- G e* h!"Decode my geekcode!Geekcode.com
Visit our web site:Asylum Entertainment

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement