D3D .asc loader

Started by
12 comments, last by thekid 23 years, 11 months ago
I would recommend that you manually go in and check the ''winding order'' of the vertexs (vertai for plural?) Each triangle should have its points described in a clockwise order, this tells D3D which side is the front (normal). The back side is never drawn of course. If the vertai are not described in a clockwise fashion you have to get TS to tell you the normals. (pain in the bum)

I would also recommend that you manually create a directional light source initially so you can find your loaded objects no matter where they are.

Good Luck!

PS (sorry if this got posted twice)

Demetrios Georgeadis
Director/Programmer
Oniera Software Artists
www.oniera.com
Demetrios GeorgeadisDirector/ProgrammerOniera Software Artists

www.oniera.com

Advertisement
How do you go clockwise in 3D shure its easy in 2d but how do you know when to skip to the back face?

Maybe I am still way to confused
Can someone PLEASE point me to source code!!!! I have been working on this for hours and I do not think I am any closer to a solution.

PLEASE???!!!?!?!?!??!

I AM DESPERITE HERE!!!!!!!!!!
"Programmin'' ain''t like dusting crops boy!" If you do not understand the way 3D engines work, then getting someone else''s code is not going to help you!

CLOCKWISE= plot the triangle on a graph then connect the dots starting with the point to the top left.
IGNORE the Z coord.

look at these points:
a)-25,50,40
b)-5,-5,0
c)5,22,10

The correct ordering is: a,c,b.

Hope this helps. Good Luck

Demetrios Georgeadis
Director/Programmer
Oniera Software Artists
www.oniera.com
Demetrios GeorgeadisDirector/ProgrammerOniera Software Artists