Alpha blending issue

Started by
1 comment, last by Neff 21 years, 4 months ago
The following code works on most systems. However, we are working on a computer which seems to ignore this. It works with red green or blue shading, but not for the alpha part: D3DCOLOR dwColor; dwColor = 0x00FFFFFF | (DWORD(nAlpha)<<24); //nAlpha is 0 to 255, 255 being solid hr = g_lpSprite->Draw(Blit[nBlit].lpTexture, rect, scale, rotateCtr, angle, translate, dwColor); The DirectX version is 8.1 (4.08.01.0901). The graphics card is an ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP 2x, with Mach64 RagePRo chipset. Any info is helpful!!! Thanks! return Neff; [edit] Okay, no help yet... Is some info missing here? ANY help, even "I have no idea", is okay... Please!! [/edit] YOUR ANSWER GOES HERE \/ \/ \/ [edited by - neff on December 13, 2002 10:10:09 PM]
Advertisement
As far as I know, the Rage Pro does not support alpha modulation. It is an older card, after all.
Yes, as he said. You are using an old card with a new graphics API, it is not gaurranteed to be 100% compatible, and it isn''t . I had a similar problem in OpenGL with an older graphics card with alpha blending. You''re using a DirectX 6 card with direct X 8.1, there are bound to be things that aren''t supported, and you''ve found one of them (heh, lucky you).

Billy - BillyB@mrsnj.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement