• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esap1

Nehe Tutorial,

This topic is 6933 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Why in the Nehe Tutorials, there always Console apps, and dont use WinMain. What is the difference from a Win App and a Console and what do you use for an OpenGL Game(Sorry, I used to be a DX Guy) Thanks A LOT!

Advertisement
In a console app you can easily output debug infos by using printf or cout or something like that. That''s harder with WinMain. There you have to open a new window with just debug infos or write them to a file or to a second monitor etc. Hope that helped
Yoshi

The last truth is that there is no magic(Feist)

Also, When I compile the Texture program from the Nehe site, the quad shows up white with no texture, I found there was no texture.tga, so I made one, but it didnt work, I made it 32 bit color, but still nothing, how do I get it to work, what size should the texture be I tried 128x128 and 256x256 all with 32bit color, and it didnt work. Please tell me how I could get a texture to work, thanks a lot.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!