Problems with lighting..

Started by
0 comments, last by hammerstein_02 21 years, 4 months ago
Ok, I am using PRPGWDX, and I am really struggling to understand several small things.. sorry if I seem stupid. Normals: I understand that they are vectors that define direction for which the light stuff can use for calculations, I also understand a normal is either 1 or 0. So, Mr Adams'' book, the light example in chapter 6.. where does he / where do you, calculate the normals? I can see your sVertex structure and I can see it looks vastly different to the one I use now I got a rotating textured cube. So Can you explain why there are only 16 vertices in the vert array now, and earlier there were 24? I am so confused this isn''t even funny! Please help, I want to understand this.. and I just feel stupid because I can''t work it out.. =*= If things seem bad, think that they can get a whole load worse, and they don''t seem so bad anymore =*=
Advertisement
quote:Normals: I understand that they are vectors that define direction for which the light stuff can use for calculations, I also understand a normal is either 1 or 0.

A normal is a vector. It''s not either 1 or 0.

Non-normalized normals can have any value. A normalized normal is one whose magnitude is equal to 1.

Face normals define the direction orthogonal to their face. A vertex normal is obtained by summing the normals to all faces sharing the vertex, and then normalizing the result.

For the rest of your question, I can''t answer cause I don''t have the book.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement