QBasic linking with asm?

Started by
3 comments, last by CodyVa 23 years, 11 months ago
Yeah yeah maybe it''s not the best... but I still dont know how to do it? first..how do I make a .asm file into a lib file? and second how do I make the .bas file know about the lib file? qb /l file? I dunno. anyhelp? please? also stack stuff. very rusty? arguments passed.... sp + 0 offset? sp + 1 seg? I dunno and arguments are sp+2 arg1 sp+4 arg2 if it''s words?? I dunno...well any reply will be much appreciated! thanks!
Advertisement
Also? would it be okay for an asm proc to call another asm proc in the same asm file? or errors occur?
Any idea how much memory a qb program can use? data and code? limits to type usage?.thanks.
GameLoops?
How should my game loop go? I have about 62 npc''s and the main player of course, the 62 npc''s are all doing stuff. moving, changing each other''s data blah blah.
but what i''m worried about is qb drawing.
I don''t want a simple loop to be
draw a frame then
check npc''s then
loop
I''m worried about
user input and drawing the most.
that''s alot of values to update and compare in my npc update sub''s, and I wont'' get a good frame rate.
is it a good idea (if possible) to use the on timer even
to redraw the screen? so the game loops keeps looping and redraw is handled by the timer so I get a constant frame loop?
also how do I handle time? If I want to repeat some wierd event every delay how would I go about testing if the clock wrapped around..I mean reset to zero???
any help would be appreciated even if it''s just an I don''t know how to...=)
-codyva
Hmmm.... Maybe you should buy a C++ book and spend the summer reading it and learning C++. I''ve done a bit with QBASIC, but never did anything with ASM. I can understand why you would want to do it, though, QBasic''s graphics handling is way slow. Can''t understand much of what you''re saying, but I recommend you take a C++ class, if you''ve never done so. Sorry I couldn''t address your problem, your english seems a little jumbled.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away"--Henry David Thoreau
There''s a way to make a asm file into a .lib file I think...
and be able to call functions from the .lib
I don''t know how to make the .lib file...or let qbasic know i''m using procedures from it(the .lib file)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement