Voodoo 2 + OpengGL minigl probs

Started by
1 comment, last by Maitrek 23 years, 11 months ago
Umm - I''ll make this short. I can''t seem to get lighting to work in OpenGL when I use voodoo 2 minigl. And that kinda bites. The only way I can get a surface to display itself is to set the surface colour, which has it''s limitations. I guess I could calculate the lighting vertex''s myself and assign colours then, but anyway... The other thing I can''t get working properly is DisplayLists, they work fine on the other cards, but not in the voodoo 2 (and I''ll assume voodoo 1 as well because that reputedly has poor opengl support) Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
minigl''s are normally only a part implementation of a "full" opengl driver, and therefore lighting and other stuff is missing (only basic rendering func are still there).

however there is a full standalone opengl driver available for the voodoo2, just download the newest reference extract it (install is not required)....

find the 3dfxvgl.dll and "load it manually" or "rename it to opengl32.dll and overwrite the one in the windows\system dir"

(one thing, fog doesn''t work with the newest one....but in an older version it does ?? ( my personal experience ))
Ries
I thought something was wrong
Anyway - that''s excellent it works damn good now! Of course, this take a bit to re code all the special case crap I had for the Voodoo 2.
Ahh well - cheers!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement