can help with game?

Started by
40 comments, last by Bumba 23 years, 11 months ago
can soneone help me!?!?! i have written a diablo rpg and so far I have title screen and made directx work! but the rest is very confusung!?!?!?! i need help with inventory routine and monster plugin and multiplayer plugin has anyone written any of these because i wanted to be done with the game by june only i have only the title screen because i cant fine rountes or plugins on the internet!?!!?!?! can someone tell where to look for inventiory routines help and monster plugin and multiplayer plugin?!?!!??!
Advertisement
You can''t possibly be serious. July?

But then again, if you have the title screen up you''re most of the way done!

Please post all of you code so we can look it over. Then if you send me $4000 we can get you running in no time.
You gotta do something by yourself! Man, you can just collect pieces from net and put it together. You must code by yourself AND know eveysingle line you have written. It is stupid newbie thing to start from title screen. Oh well some intependent developers still do like that but they are those who know their skills so well that they can just start improvise.

Time comes, time goes and I only am.
please!?!? I just need to know where to look to find the plugins or rountines!?!?!?! nobody on this board ever helps!!?!?! iknow the rountines are not in directx sdk but i need to know where everyone downloading them from!!!!?!?!?!

ultima asention inventory routine almost exactly like diablo and baldurs gate so i know they are plugins routines!?!?! and diablo monster and baldurs gate monsters exactly alike so i know they are plugin routines!?!?! i need to know where to get!?!?!?!?
First of all, no one ever helps you because it is irritating to read a post where every sentence ends with a random spray of exclamation marks and question marks.

Second, you are asking for something that doesn''t exist. This is no ''inventory plugin'' or ''monster plugin'' that you can download and attach to your program and suddenly have a working game. There is a reason that people can actually make money writing games. If people who know virtually nothing about the process could create a game just by finding a couple plugins on the net, lots of people would be out of business.

Instead of asking everyone for something that they can''t help you with, try learning to write it yourself. I am guessing that you probably don''t have too much programming experience at the moment. Try writing some of these things on your own. You will learn a lot and people are much more likely to help you if you have a specific question about something. (like a bug in your code that you''re trying to find)

Getting much of a game done by June is about as likely as Dennis Rodman being elected President. You need to set more reasonable goals if you ever want to get finished.

By the way, lay off the "!?!?!?!?!!!?!!??" and use those presses of the Shift key to capitalize some of your sentences. It will make it a lot more enjoyable for other people trying to read your posts.
I PROGRAM JAVA FOR A YEAR AND HALF AND PEOPLE ON THE JAVA BOARDS ARE VERY HELPFUL WHEN I ASK WHERE A PLUGIN IS BUT NOBODY HELPS AT ALL ON THIS BOARD EVER

WHEN YOU READ THE BOX ON EVERY GAME YOU SEE IT SAYS DIRECTX AND IT SAYS WORKS WITH ALL MICROSOFT WIN98 COMPATIBLE DESINED FOR WIN98 I ASK YOU WHAT DOES THAT MEAN IT MEANS THAT IT USES ROUTINES IN WIN98 THAT EVERYONE USES AND WHEN YOU LOOK AT DIABLO ULTIMA BALDURS GATE YOU SEE HOW SIMILAR THEY ARE SO YOU LOOK ME IN THE FACE AND TELL ME THEY DONT USE A WIN98 PLUGIN IF YOU DONT KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS THEN THATS OKAY BUT I KNOW FROM WORKING IN JAVA THAT NOT NEARLY EVERYONE WRITERS AS MUCH CODEAS YOU THINK THEY DO

NOW PLEASE CAN SOMEONE OTHER THAN THESE BOZOS PLEASE HELP!?!?!?!!?!
Starting from the title screen seems to be more of inline(is that correct?, doing everything in one procedure instead of calling other procedures?) programming. Net support I have no idea of.
Inventory? I don't know how you do the character structure
but if you can Include an array or something to hold any size memory
but usually item,count works..

Where item is an item number
and count is the number.

I'm in the same boat...I have Structures in my head..
but no programming experience but I want asm with qbasic.

I'm interested in yoru attacks and spell routines also? psuedo code? I'm just being nosey though...Be more specific too next time.

Map structure? or is all this done by direct X?
-codyva

Edited by - CodyVa on 5/1/00 3:51:54 PM
You can download all the source code for Ultima 9 at download.ultima.com. All the source code for Diablo (including Diablo 2) is available at download.diablo2.blizzard.com.

Of course, if those sites are down, try this one... it''s definately here:

http://127.0.0.1

Please don''t hammer this site, because it''s running on a cable modem.

P4r7Y 0n ____d000000d_____ M4N U r0K f0R r331!!
If you see me in real life, be sure to stop me and let me look you in the eye, and tell you that they are NOT plugins - why is it so hard for you to grip this. Just because they look the same doesn''t mean they are based on a plugin. What it could mean is that the inventory feature that games use is proven and successful so developers follow this standard.

-Mezz
Bumba:

Look, you either have been mis-informed or there has been a misunderstanding somewhere along the line, so quit with the 'nobody loves me' routine. We are all here to help each other, but you have to try to meet us half way.

Here are some resources that ought to at least give you feeling for what DirectX is and how it can be applied:

Microsofts DirectX

Start Here!

You can also drop the notion of a 'plug-in' for the things your looking to do...unless of course, the game creation kits have some sort of support for them.

Check the Developer Resources section for some actual tools you can use.

Yeah, sure... we are laughing WITH you ...

Edited by - mordell on 5/1/00 3:09:53 PM

Edited by - mordell on 5/1/00 3:11:32 PM

Yeah, sure... we are laughing WITH you ...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement