Problems installing linux

Started by
0 comments, last by braves 23 years, 11 months ago
I hope someone can help me. I am trying to do a dual boot(win98/linux) and I have 3 hd''s, first is a SCSI which is my C drive and a FAT32 partition, the second is also a FAT32 partition and the third is not allocated, going to use this as my linux partition. Well, I go to insall linux and it brings me to disk duid and when I go to make either a /(root) or /boot partition, I get this error: "There are currently unallocated partition(s) present in the list of requested partition(s). The unallocated partition(s) are shown below, along with the reason they were not allocated. and the reason in both cases is "Reason Undefined" I have tryed making the root partition first with 1 meg and it grows, but it brings up that error and displays itself in red, I have also tryed making the /boot partition first with 16 megs(which is what Red hat installation guide says too do and I get the same error. When I go to make a swap, it don''t come up with the error, but after I make the swap and go to make the others, get that error. Do I need to use another program like fdisk to partition the drives? I thought disk duid did all this for you but I could be wrong? Thank you in advance for anyone that is able to give me some advice. braves
Advertisement
Hmm... I''m not sure what is wrong, but trying fdisk wouldn''t hurt. And I''m not totally sure of SCSI support, you might want to look for some documentation on SCSI devices.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away"--Henry David Thoreau

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement