Do you want to participate in a project?

Started by
8 comments, last by WonderWorld 23 years, 11 months ago
Hi I have started a game project a while ago. Because of lack of time it didn't get very far. Now I will restructure the work and restart the project for that I will need a good project team. I will need programmers, game designers, graphics experts, musicians, network programmers and so on. This is a big project! It's ambitius and it's a learning project. But we will make it through. I would like to have a lot of feedback on what I have on the current (old) website. Feel free to join by answering here or at my mail or at the message board at the site. The site will be updated after this application period. N.B. The game will be programmed in C++ whatever the site currently sais. You will find the old site at home.swipnet.se/exal Regards /Joachim P.s. sorry for posting in more than one conference Edited by - WonderWorld on 5/2/00 9:37:44 AM
Advertisement
i will help u
but there are 2 problems:

1.Curently i only program DirectX in ASM so if
u need some speed in ur code and want ASM feel free to ask

2.Also i am makeing my own bigbig rts game so i may be late
in helping u ...if i have other stuff to do

but may be we can help eachother...
obysoft
I don''t mean to spit in your face, but this post better belongs in the Help Wanted section. This forum is dedicated for different sorts of APIs, not recruiting employees. It''s not up to me to decide, but that''s my point of view.

Do you happen to have any screens of the project?

GO LEAFS GO!
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
You are absolutely right that it does. I was crossposting since I didn''t find the right conference when I wrote these messages.

My goal is to make this a "real" project therefore I have no flashy pic to show or anything. I will have in due time. But rigth now I am making the ground work for a solid project with good guidelines for programming and a solid fundation in the game idea.

If you check home.swipnet.se/exal there will be a lot of answers. By the way is there anyone wanting to make the site more up to date and a little more good looking?

/Joachim
I would be more than happy to code a large chunk in my spare time, e-mail me at JesterSI@metacrawler.com
I code in C/C++, little experience in Win32 and DirectX, enough to make a screen saver.
That''s excellent news.

I will ask everyone in the project to write a little about them selves as it is on the home page right now if you check in the project member section.

I also need someone to rework the old home page!

Regards
/Joachim
JesterSI here again....

Is the plan to create a 3D engine from Direct3D? Cuz that''s a big job and Genesis3D is probably the way to go if you want to concentrate on the game itself. If we want to build an engine and then a game we should shift the focus to createing the engine first.
That is true. I have found that genesis is a bit hard to work with but if you think you could do it without a problem then it might be the way to do it.

Of course it would be fun to create something on our own. To begin with it will only need to be a rudimenatry engine. A chase cam that follows a 3D object whatever. Then effects can be added.

But this should be a project decission. When we have staffed enough we will take that decission during the next week.

Regards
/Joachim
Just to inform you

The site has moved to http://home.swipnet.se/wonderworld

/Joachim
To all of you wanting to join

Don''t forget to include full name, adress and some kind of summary of what you have done and can do.

It''s getting hard to keep track of all those strange mail adresses .

Regards
/Joachim

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement