Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

venomelektro

lesson 10 : using 3 bitmaps

Hello , I '' m new to GL programming and I read all tuts from 1 to 10, Now i''m trying to use the lesson10 codes and extands it for using 3 differents bitmaps for floor, walls and ceilling My idea was to store data for floor, walls etc in three differents files floor.txt walls.txt .. etc .. and create 3 sectors for each one for each text file I m filling the sector data and create three textures ***************** AUX_RGBImageRec *TextureImage[3]; memset(TextureImage,0,sizeof(void *)*3); if ((TextureImage[0]=LoadBMP("Data/floor.bmp")) && (TextureImage[1]=LoadBMP("Data/sky.bmp")) && (TextureImage[2]=LoadBMP("Data/murs.bmp")) ) { Status=TRUE; glGenTextures(3, &texture[0]); for (int loop=0;loop<3;loop++) { glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[loop]); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST); gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 3, TextureImage[loop]->sizeX, TextureImage[loop]->sizeY, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, TextureImage[loop]->data); } for ( loop=0;loop<3;loop++) { if (TextureImage[loop]) { if (TextureImage[loop]->data) { free(TextureImage[loop]->data); } free(TextureImage[loop]); } ******** I compiled the project and everything went ok but when i switch to full screen the render become very slow , instead I use 48K bitmaps Is it normal or i make a mistake or bad coding ??