• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Managed DirectX question

This topic is 5543 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering if someone could clarify if you can use managed code or not from C++. I thought not but then I noticed on MSDN... "The following are the managed code languages supported by DirectX 9.0 and documented in the software development kit (SDK). Microsoft Visual C#™ Microsoft Visual Basic® .NET Microsoft Visual C++®" But later on on the MSDN web page they mention only C# and VB tutorials in the SDK. I had done a little bit of work on an app for a tablet PC and most of the info from its SDK was for C#. I found this more than a little bit annoying as I was using C++, and somethings were difficult to convert. So my question is can you use managed code from C++, and if so are there tutorials written in C++ in the SDK?

Advertisement
You can use managed directx from any .NET language, including managed C++. There''s an unmanaged interface too, though. (which may be better if you don''t want to require that the .NET runtime be installed)

By the way, there are in fact C++ examples in the SDK.

I''m hip because I say "M$" instead of "MS".

You can use managed code in C++...it''s called Managed C++. If you don''t have access to VS.NET, you can download the .net compiler for free on the msdn website.

• Advertisement