3Dmax VS Lightwave

Started by
4 comments, last by mentalstatement 21 years, 3 months ago
whats the deal with that? every 3d artist on this site seems to be using 3d max.... im not in to 3d modeling (not just yet anyways) but i thought that lightwave overall was a much better, and easier to use program???? please Clarify what i''ve missed?
Maaaaaaaahahaha. Who''s da king baby?
Advertisement
There is no "much better and easier to use" modelling program. If that''s what you''ve been hearing, then you''ve been talking to fanboys (unless you''re comparing cheap modellers to expensive ones, ie Milkshape vs 3ds max. And even then people can make good stuff with Milkshape)

Use whatever you are used too. If you model well in Lightwave, use it. If you''re better in Maya, use it. The only time that''s not what you should do is if you have to use a certain model format.
Unreal Tournament 2003 supported Lightwave, so some of it''s modellers used that. It also supports 3ds max, so some of the modellers used that. Heck, the game shipped with Maya Personal Learning Edition so people can use that too!

I''ve never tried Lightwave, but 3ds max 5 has every function I need. There''s no program which has functions so good it warrants me learning a new interface.

------------
MSN: nmaster42@hotmail.com, AIM: LockePick42, ICQ: 74128155
"It''s all part of the conspiracy of conspirators conspiring to conspire their own conspiracies..."
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
Actually lightwave is a pain in the ass to learn if you never used any modelling program, 3dsmax is much easier to learn!!
Pro Rookie!
Have you ever used lightwave, kemopetrol?

My Site
yes I have and I personally think 3dsmax is better and defenetly
faster to learn, it may be an opinion question as well or maybe
it''s the interface I don''t like...
Pro Rookie!
I found 3ds max was really easy for me to use. I learned faster in 3D Studio Max. But at this time I can only afford trueSpace and I found the interface to be very awkward.

But some has told me, that they found trueSpace to be very easy to use. So I guess it''s a matter of personal taste, and they way we learn...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement