• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhantomKing

GFX in windows without DX / OGL???

This topic is 6926 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a SIMPLE way to do graphics in windows??? I''ve been working in OGL, but I wanted to try something simpler. I was mainly just wondering... P.S. those of you wondering why I have not been into #gamedev for a while... its cause I just moved. I''ll be back in on Thursday or Friday

Advertisement
GDI is a super simple really really basic windows solution to very very very basic graphics. You can really only effectivly use it for graphics primitives, circles, squares, lines, polygons etc.... It is too slow for anything else. It is windows though so if your doing aps you can put simple graphics in your applications. Ok thats all hope it helps.
~Eric

Guest Anonymous Poster
Kewl

Where can I get Info/Tutorials on GDI?

Check the digital manual that comes with Visual C++, or the online documentation at MSDN Library.
A term that you can search for is HDC which is the object that implements the GDI rendering. (There is a lot more to GDI but you should be able to find more from there)

- WitchLord

Edited by - WitchLord on 5/2/00 4:22:14 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!