Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dovyman

odd error

When I ran my program not in debug mode, all sorts of odd things happened.. so i ran it in debug mode and got the following error message in the form of a messagebox: ------------------------------------------------------------- Debug Error! Program: ...rosoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\NewEngine\Debug\D3DEngine.exe Module: File: i386\chkesp.c Line: 42 The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually the result of a calling function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention. ------------------------------------------------------------- English please? what would be causing this? EDIT: through trial and error I tracked it down to my timing code, heres the code, I'm still not sure what the issue is. In GameInit(): //set up timing component QueryPerformanceFrequency(&g_Frequency); In Render(): // Timing Code LARGE_INTEGER Temp_FrameRate; QueryPerformanceCounter( &Temp_FrameRate ); // ... Render .... LARGE_INTEGER New_FrameRate; QueryPerformanceCounter( &New_FrameRate ); g_FrameRate = (float)g_Frequency.QuadPart/(float)(New_FrameRate.QuadPart-Temp_FrameRate.QuadPart); [edited by - dovyman on December 23, 2002 2:33:18 PM]