• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ISOPimp

C# Updating a Table

This topic is 5662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having problems updating a Microsoft.Data.Odbc.DataTable with new data. I want to be able to do this by using regular SQL commands, and I cannot find a decent example or information to get this working. Right now I have this
   //dt has been filled and named

Odbc.OdbcDataAdapter da = new Odbc.OdbcDataAdapter();
da.UpdateCommand = new Odbc.OdbcCommand("UPDATE " + dt.TableName + " SET Value = 0 WHERE Name=''PartLength''");
da.Update(dt);  
Simple, but I thought it would work. I get no errors when running this code, its just that when I do it the values in the datatable remain what they were prior to running it. If anyone knows how I can do this properly (so that the values actually update) please let me know. Also, I probably didn''t provide enough information so let me know what you need to answer the question. Thank you.

Advertisement
The DataTable has an AcceptChanges() method but it is supposed to be called by the Update() Method. I tried adding it anyway, and I get the same results.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!