Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EdwardD

Problems with VB.NET...

Im using DX9 and VB.NET I do the following but it does not seem to pass the surface and rect into the other sub, the string works fine. If I change the ddsSurface & myRect withing the BMPLoad sub to ddsLogo & rLogo then it works fine. Anybody have any idea why this wouldnt work?, I used to do this the same way in Visual Basic 6 and it worked fine: public sub Main() BmpLoad(ddsLogo, rLogo, "C:\My Projects\Magic Dust - DX9\bin\Data\Logo.bmp") end sub Public Sub BmpLoad(ByVal ddsSurface As Surface, ByVal myRect As System.Drawing.Rectangle, ByVal nameFile As String, Optional ByVal TransCol As Integer = 0) Dim SDes As New SurfaceDescription() '' Describes a surface. Dim ck As New ColorKey() ddsSurface = Nothing Try ''Load sprite ddsSurface = New Surface(nameFile, SDes, DD) ddsLogo.SetColorKey(ColorKeyFlags.SourceDraw, ck) rLogo = New System.Drawing.Rectangle(0, 0, 800, 600) ''SDes.Width, SDes.Height) Catch Debug.WriteLine("Error loading:" + nameFile) End Try End Sub

Thanks, that worked.

.NET automatically sets them to ByVal if you dont specify which one to use. In Visual Basic 6 if you didnt specify it would set it to the correct one. So now I need to remember to specify each time