Hardware question

Started by
6 comments, last by Hamlet 21 years, 3 months ago
How can you determine the max processor speed that your mother board can use? The FSB on the MB i am talking about is 200mhz. It is a socket A and curently has a duron 700mhz. I want to upgrade. Anyone help? Thanks!
"... thats the rub...
Advertisement
Don''t take my word for it but i''m pretty sure you could go to any AthlonXP
Look at your mobo manual. And this thread is off topic here.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
Its a compaq POS and has no manual. I called comaque and 3 of their agents could not help. Could not tell me manufacturer etc..

As for the off topic remark -> you are being a jerk.

"... thats the rub...
"... thats the rub...
quote:Original post by Hamlet
Its a compaq POS and has no manual. I called comaque and 3 of their agents could not help. Could not tell me manufacturer etc..

Maybe you should look up the brand, do some searches on serialnumbers, brands etc?

quote:
As for the off topic remark -> you are being a jerk.

Are you family?

I have spoken.
Domine non secundum peccata nostra facias nobis
go out and buy the fastest processor you can find and plug it in. If it does not work then go out and buy processor with speed of (fastest - slowest)/2. If it does not work, then buy CPU with speed of ((fastest - slowest)/2 - slowest)/2 and ses if it works. Else, go out and buy CPU with speed of ((fastest - (fastest - slowest)/2)/2 + (fastest - slowest)/2) and see if it works. Keep working through the algoritjm until you find the fastest CPU that will work on your system. If no CPUs work on your system, then throw away your system and buy a Mac.
The boards are for programming questions, not random hardware questions. How am I in the wrong simply because I pointed out your transgression?
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
I moved his crosspost in Game Programming to the Lounge, and I''ll close this.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement