Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spax

DX9: Namespace or type 'DirectX' for the Imports 'Microsoft.DirectX' cannot be found.

i have vb.net and i just installed dx9 and the dx9 sdk. however, i cant run any of the tutorial project files.. the references to the Microsoft.DirectX and Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D namespaces cannot be found. compile error is as follows: ''Namespace or type ''DirectX'' for the Imports ''Microsoft.DirectX'' cannot be found.'' i can''t find these namespaces anywhere on my system, even after reinstalling directx and the sdk several times in despair. where can i find them and why have they not been installed? can someone please help, thanks

just a checklist
1. did you use the "add assembly" to referance the actual assemblies?

2. did you install into the dxsdk dir?

3. are you sure you installed the correct dx 9 sdk (seeing as there are pieces of it)

4. you say you installed the "run time" then the sdk... there is no real need of this because the sdk (full version) comes with the runtimes.

5. if all else fails you can copy the assembly files out of the GAC just look around in a dos window on the gac and with the GAC explorer to find them then copy them with the dos window into a dir called dxassemblys or whatever you want.

thanks, (5) fixed it, i never thought of actually copying the files from the gac folder... i was getting quite frustrated before trying to add them as references and visual basic wouldnt let me do so.
thanks alot, merry christmas