DirectX 9 XP Problems?

Started by
5 comments, last by Aanidaani 21 years, 4 months ago
Hello everyone! I recently heard about the DX9 release, and, being the devout Microsoft follower that I am, went to the DirectX site to download it. Everything went fine downloading the installer, yet, when I ran it, I got a warning message stating that DirectX 9 had "not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP." Of course, I''ve gotten these messages before while trying to install drivers and other apps, so I looked for a button to ignore the warning and continue the installation. To my surprise, there was no button, and I was forced to exit the installation. Now it seems that Microsoft can''t even keep up with its own "security" systems anymore. Well, I''m kind of stuck on what to do. I''m gonna see if there''s another version I can download, but, in the meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. If so, did you manage to find a fix for it? Thanks again. "Ignorance is the sin of the many, whereas knowledge is the salvation of the few." Aanidaani
"Ignorance is the sin of the many, whereas knowledge is the salvation of the few."Aanidaani
Advertisement
Well, I just installed DirectX 9.0 SDK in my WinXP Pro system, and it went just smooth. I don''t know what causes the problem, but I''d like to make a suggestion:

Have you uninstalled the previous version of DirectX SDK?

It''s stated in the readme file that you have to uninstall any DXSDK prior to installing DirectX 9.0 SDK.

Flamewars don''t make you look smart, but idiot.
Same old problem. I went and uninstalled my DX 8 SDK, and I get this message again.

quote:"Warning, the software you are trying to install has not passed Windows XP Logo Testing (Tell me why this is important) and will not be installed. Please contact your System Administrator"

I don't know what to do. I went and looked to see whether or not my Crypto Services were running (And they were). I also went and set the Driver Installation settings to accept all drivers. Still, nothing works. If anyone has any idea about how to get around this problem, please post it! Thanks again.

"Ignorance is the sin of the many, whereas knowledge is the salvation of the few."

Aanidaani

[edited by - Aanidaani on December 24, 2002 10:53:35 AM]
"Ignorance is the sin of the many, whereas knowledge is the salvation of the few."Aanidaani
Dont want to imply anything but the WinXP that you are using are original or a pirate copy?
It is very likely that this causes the problem.Try installing the SDK on an original copy.
I use a pirate copy of WinXP Pro and everything runs okay...
I can assure you that the copy of windows that I am using isn''t pirated. Of course, if you don''t want to take my word on it, that''s fine. I''ve talked to several other people who''ve been having the same problems as I''ve been having, and none of us have pirated versions of XP. I simply want to find a solution and get back to work.

Btw, I uninstalled my DirectX 8 SDK, and then tried to install the DX 9 one. That, of course, didn''t work, and now when I try to install my DX 8 again, I get the same error. *Sigh* I just hope a fix is posted soon.

"Ignorance is the sin of the many, whereas knowledge is the salvation of the few."

Aanidaani
1) Have you been to the Windows Update page? Maybe there''s something about it there?
2) Are you logged in as an admin? Not doing so will probably cause problems.
3) I don''t use WinXP (it survived being preinstalled on my PC for about 4 hours) but is there some kind of setting for the WHQL security level? I.e. to tell it to never ever bother you with driver security warnings ever again?

- JQ
Full Speed Games. Are back.
~phil

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement