Grayscale Image

Started by
2 comments, last by arkansas 21 years, 3 months ago
Hey When I get farer away from the drawn mountains it''s like some parts are invisible. When I get close it''s drawing everything just fine. Backface culling are disabled so that must some kind of mistake. I could imagine that I didn''t draw the grayscale image properly. What could that be??
Advertisement
I seems like your far clipping plane is too close.
When you call gluPerspective (or maybe glFrustum?) you should set the ''far'' parameter a bit bigger.
it could as vincoof says it, ur far clipping plane is too near. follow his suggestion and change the parameters for gluPerspective.

however, arkansas'' description is a little ambiguous. it may also be the case that the near and far clipping plane is defined too large for the chosen depth resolution.
this can be fixed by using a higher bit depth for the zbuffer (24bit instead of 16bit) or, change both near and far clipping parameter of gluPerspective so that they do not cover too large a region.
larger distances reduce z-buffer precision, causing farther polygons to occasionally ''disappear'' or even overwrite nearer polygons...

hope this helps
- To learn, we share... Give some to take some -
Thanks a lot.
It''s working now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement