Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sakky

DirectX 9 SDK will NOT install

Something interupted the installation of DirectX 9 SDK. So It will not finish it''s job and then removes every thing. This happend when setup trys to update the registry. Then thats were I get the error and setup rolls back the installation. Why?

Maybe some more information.. What is your OS?

Updating the register? The first things that I can think of, do you have the rights to change your register? If you use Windows XP and you don''t are the administrator maybe that could give some problems...

I am using WindowsXP Pro. I''m always logged in as the admin because I''m the only one that gets to use my computer. My account in user accounts on XP says I''m ''Matthew The computer Administrator''. So whats wrong with it? There must be a bug in the installer because there shouldn''t be any problems from were I''m standing.

Got the same problem here.

Did you totally uninstall DX8.1 SDK before installing DX9.0?

Try making a System Restore and uninstall DX8.1 SDK completly, reboot, install DX9.0.

Okay, I''m the administrator on my computer. So there shouldn''t be any problems there. On MSDN I saw something about DirectX 9 needing the .NET frame work and some Managed DirectX crap. I have Visual Studio.NET Academic version so there should be no problem with me .NET frame work. Besides I updated it last night and my computer is on automatic update. I wonder if the Managed DirectX thing might be stopping me. Any ways, I''m removed the installing package of DX9 because is doesn''t work. I''ve re-downloaded the DX8 SDK and the DX9 for C++ SDK. I''ll install both of them and see what goes on. Maybe something with VS.NET is stopping it. But I only get the error when setup try’s to mess with the registries. I can''t find any info on MSDN either. So maybe I should restart the computer before it tried to rollback and remove every thing, he he he.