Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LewieM80

Opinion on D3D books... HELP!!

Zen or Beginning D3D?? Which book to buy? Zen "feels" better but it didn''t get GREAT reviews and half of the book is windows crap which I already know. Beginning D3D is $10 cheaper but no windows crap and got better reviews... but people say you can''t learn enough to build a D3D game from it. (i''m still on directdraw7) i''ll let you guys decide because I''m tired of buying books that are crap. i do have a nice collection but i had to go through a lot of returns @ barnes and noble. They know me by name. Yes it''s sad. -Lewis [m80] Play QUADz MX @ www.m80produxions.com

I got Beginning D3D, and it does exactly what the topic says.. And its a good book for beginners (and intermediate-- , but there is a lot of "windows crap" there as well.
Important thing is, there is no such thing as a complete bible out there which takes you from beginner to l33t-programmer. You''ll just have to spend you hard-eared money on as many (good) books as it takes, and hope the different perspectives and techniques will give you a solid and flexible platform.

hahaha... happy holidays fellaz... I promise I won''t get Zen. They surely mis-titled that one. I found out that Wolfgang is writing a second edition on DirectX 9.0...(beginning) I think it''s going to be in the second quarter next year though...

I should just buy his version now then... I''ll see if I can get any discounts... laterz

-Lewis [m80]
Play QUADz MX @
www.m80produxions.com