Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobboau

MFC tab controls

ok I''m posting here after about two hours of googleing about for some information on useing the tab controles in and MFC application, unlike every other controle in exsistance I have found hardly more than a mear mention of them and a small amount of poorly documented code the I don''t realy understand. if someone has a link to a good little explaination on useing them I would be eternaly thankfull Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory

I posted source code to mfc tab controls this month so look thru old posts. It shows how to switch/hide to other tabs, etc. and how you create them.

well with the search disabled here and the volume of traffic there isn''t a chance in hell I''d be able to find some random topic that I don''t even know the name of,

currently I have tabs set up, and the dialogs (some of them anyway) I want in the resorce editor,

I have basicly a simple dialog based application with a little DX veiw port on the left and a tab on the right, so, I want to make (or unhide a made) a dialog window that is a child of the tab controle (if that''s posable) when ever I click on a tab the current window is removed (or hidden) and a new one is made (and create the default tab on startup). I have dialog templates made and a class that will hold all the data in a single structure

see if this get''s anyone going

main_window is derived from CDialog

void main_window::OnSelchangeTab(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult)
{
switch(TabCtrl_GetCurSel(tab_hwnd)){
case EDIT_HEAD:
mistery code that makes a child window of the
CTabCtrl (tabs) whose hwnd is tab_hwnd
break;
}
}

if you can''t tell I am quite new to MFC

Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory