Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fluid FX

dx9... :S

how do you guys manage to learn all this stuff? i mean i am working with "real time rendering in dx8..." and i am half way but now dx9 is already released :@ how on earth do you manage to make these steps from 8 to 9? i mean it is probably again pretty different and stuff.. isn''t it? GreeTZ

unless you''re coding C# Man, It''s like I am back at step 1 not only is it quite different from how it was in VB, I''ve been coding with VB for about 9years so changing language is a big step, combined with new DX version. hehe, keepin'' busy here.

The best way for me was to make small test apps and then once I learned new stuff I incorporate it into my larger program. I also read dx docs a lot. Dx9 docs right now are dx8 and dx9 hybrid. Someone just copied and pasted dx8 stuff into dx9 without taking into consideration new dx9 functions that have more params then dx8 version. The declaration syntax has changed it''s more flexible and easier I think. Though for asm shaders you must now declare register usage so asm can map to decl. at runtime.