Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shindere

Reference Question

I am looking for a good resource to show step by step how to program a game. I found a pretty good one at my local Barnes and Nobles called ''Game Programming'' by Andres La Mauthe (I know I probably misspelled his name). I figured before I shelled out some money on a book, I would ask some people who are actually programming where the best place to start would be. The reference that I am looking for would include: 1) Range from beginners to advanced 2) Networking techniques to be able to run on a LAN or IP 3) Source code with projects 4) Each new project is just an addition to the last project Well the 4th isnt REALLY needed, but it would be nice to be able to see what I''m doing progress in such a manner... I do know some c++, so It doesn''t have to be for complete beginners. This doesn''t necessarily need to be a book either, If anyone has a site specific to game programming that covers these things, that would be cool too! OpenGL/Direct3D/Whatever doesn''t really matter to me. I''m starting with no previous graphics knowledge (aside from stuff like photoshop) and just want to know where I should start/learn. Thanks in advance for any help- David

have you checked out the "articles and resources" section of this site? it isn''t step-by-step, but it is categorized, so you can find what you feel like learning today... and it does range from beginner to advanced. also, it is all game-related