AGP

Started by
10 comments, last by RajanSky 21 years, 3 months ago
arnt the gf3''s also capable of higher-order interpolation? such as rendering directly to screen from b(ezier)-splines instead of triangles? i thought i remember reading that somewhere.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Yann L
Hairybudda: AFAIK, the GeFX will have hardware displacement mapping. That means that a low resolution mesh can be tesselated by the hardware, according to the data supplied in the form of a texture. Basically, it modifies the geometry by lookups in a texture map. Very nice. Other non-nVidia cards already have this feature, some even for quite some time now (Matrox Parhelia).

Nice, very nice
Looks like the £600 i have kept by for a GFFX when they''re released will pay off then....

What bothers me is what the implmentation is gonna be like, remember what nVidia were like with register combiners? I really dont want to have to put up with cr*p like that again

We need innovation beyond ATI and nVidia, neither of them have the spark anymore, the market is prime for the entry of a new leader, unfortunately, people will only buy what they know
*st0ned*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement