Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dalik

need book advice

I am thinking about buying two books and I want some advice on what ones I should get. I need a beg-int level book, it doesnt matter on what API it uses. C or C++ is fine. I want the books to cover math physics level data files (how to make and read them etc) some windows programming AI 2d engine maybe 3d engine programming mplayer Well I guess yuo could say the beg-int level topics I am interested in 2d stuff right now. Now I was looking at Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX jim adams and Isometric Game Programming with DirectX 7.0 but what about all in one game programming from the same series also? These are what I am interested in and I think they would cover every beg-int topic very well through all of them. Thnx in advance.

There is a "Books & Software" section on gamedev with quite a lot of books. Apart from that, I don''t have any advices for you I gather most of my knowledge from this forum and docs on the web.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." (Albert Einstein)
My Homepage