Hi, I'm new here... Here's a few ideas I had for games.

Started by
3 comments, last by Mariorox 23 years, 11 months ago
Please give me some feedback on these ideas. Most of these are going to be shareware. Game1 Title: Clubbermeister Genre: Action-Platform Players: 1 Basic Idea/Theme: Your weapons are sandwhiches. Takes place during medeval times. You''re childhood rival(whom know one has ever seen his face) has just kidnapped the Princess of the land. You must use you chicken club to save her. You may eat your ammo to regain health. Other weapons include: Pizza Sub, Veggie, & Steakmelt Chances of being made: 100% Game2 Title: Here Comes Garfield Genre: Action-Platform Players: 1 Basic Idea/Theme: Garfield & Odie were playing outside. The neighbor''s puppy bit Garfield''s tail. They go after him. But Hubert has called the Pound. Garfield escaped, but Odie got caught. That night, Garfield felt terrable and decided to rescue Tweedle Dee thw Wonder Dummy. Chances of being made: Since Garfield is copyrighted, very low. Plus, I would''ve rather had it finished on his 10th birthday as a NES game. Game3 Title: Water Wars Genre: Adventure Players: 1 Basic Idea/Theme: You are Jason McCrayor. You''re parents have been kidnapped by Water Demons that lurk in the sewers and you must use your dad''s water gear to save them. 2 types of guns, Bubble & Gas. Including Ice, Steal, & Mystic. Chances of being made: Good, but later, much much later Game4 Title: Super Hero Quest Genre: RPG Players: 1 Basic Idea/Theme: The world is doom. Nearly ever villian ever imaginable has joined together as one. And it''s up to the Heroes of the world to save the day. Debating whether if I should use my heroes, or use already known ones, or a combination of both. Chances of being made: Not sure Game5 Title: Chicken Soup Bowling Genre: Sports Players: 1-4 Basic Idea/Theme: You bowl, with chicken noodle soup! Chances of being made: This simple game idea will probably be my first Thank you for your time Mariorox the Cartoonist
Marioroxthe Cartoonist
Advertisement
It is always good to train game creation techniques by making minor projects, but you should realize that games such as these will not have a public appeal because they are too simple. But go ahead and make them anyway. This will give you some idea of the scope it is to make a full scale game.
Jacob Marner, M.Sc.Console Programmer, Deadline Games
The first 4 games are meant to be big projects. Clubbermeister is going to be an 8-level 2D game with tons of secrets. Each stage will be long, not short. There''s going to be 8 weapons total with about 3 or 5 other items. The only thing I really need to do, is make the story & the programming.

For Water Wars. It''s meant to take up to at least 4 hours to complete. The two weapon types, are divided up into 6 seperate weapons. 3 Bubble Type & 3 Gas type. Special devises will enhance these weaponers. The Lengthener, Strengthener, & Combiner.

Garfield is your basic 2D game. It may not be as long as the above 2 games, but it''ll have a Pasta Blaster, a bonus stage where you must get away from Nermal collecting 3 items to send him to Abu Dhabi, and fight familiar characters in the strip & cartoon.

I''m dropping the super hero.

The only simple game on this list is CSB. It''ll be a basic 4-player game. This is the only short game I have as an idea. The other games are meant to be as long as other classics like SMB, MMX4, FF8, RE, & Metroid.

These ideas(except Chicken Soup) were not meant to be small projects.

Mariorox

the Cartoonist
Marioroxthe Cartoonist
Don´t spend too much time on detail (Weapon types and so on). It´s not enough to build a game around (my experience). Start out with concept art, lots and lots of paper with ideas on it of which 85% are going to be disregarded and lots of time.

You didn´t mention anything about your current situation but unless you have someone to work with, lots of time and no desire to sleep you will get into serious trouble trying to do a game to give you 4 hours playing time.

I´d rather try to make less but better. It will look better, play better and people will like it better, even if it´s just a one level demo. Once everything is cool you can work on making it longer.
Don´t start out trying to move the whole mountain. A rock at a time will do the trick just as well and save your back.

Wish you luck
That''s why Chicken Soup Bowling is being made first. It''s going to a simple game. Have you seen my Klick n Play versian on Download.com? It''s going to be similar to that, only allows 4-player ability and have better animation. The same humor concept, but just little better.

I''m also thinking about doing a weird soccer like game called Stepstool Soccer. In general, for my own games I''ll be using humor as the main idea. That''s the theme that surrounds most of my games. But I have a few ideas that don''t have humor.
Marioroxthe Cartoonist

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement