• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aphid

Allegro and Dev C++?

This topic is 5683 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is it possible to use Dev C++ and Allegro for graphics under DOS? I''d select console application and then load liballeg.a as my object file (not sure if I even have to do that). Everytime I try and compile a program that uses Allegro, it gives me errors though. For example, I used this sample program: #include <allegro.h> int main() { allegro_init(); install_keyboard(); set_gfx_mode(GFX_VGA,320,200,0,0); textout_centre(screen,font,"Ready. Beep.",160,100,255); readkey(); return 0; } In return, I got these errors when trying to compile it: 7 untitled1.cpp `GFX_VGA'' undeclared (first use this function) 7 untitled1.cpp (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once 7 untitled1.cpp for each function it appears in.) I''ve tried to look up on how to use Allegro under Dev C++ but all I could find is how to use it under DJGPP. The above program was an example from one of those tutorials but I can''t see why it would be different in Dev C++?

Advertisement
You could also try replacing GFX_VGA with GFX_AUTODETECT

No idea if it''ll work, but it''s the simplest change I could think of that might.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!