Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renus

Strange d3d texture uv mapping behaviour

Having funny problems with the output of my texture mapping. If I specify texture coordinates whose max v coordinates don''t reach 1, the system shifts my tex coords up to reach the 1. Example: specifying tex coords (a, 0.4), (b, 0.8) will result in an output of (a, 0.6), (b, 1) As a workaround, I currently assign each of these meshes additional 4 vertices with tex coords (0,1) to prevent the "spread". I guess I oversaw a d3d setting for thes textures, but cannot find it. Any idea? - thomas

This may be a little too simplistic...but is there anywhere your tex coords could be being changed from floats to ints? That would explain the round up to 1...sorry if i underestimated your problem but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Brian

Sorry for my lazy descriptions.. No, teh tex coords are not shiftet to 0 and zero, they are just shifted so that the max of my v coords appears at 1.

To give you the background: I use one texture for e.g. a house. The texture holds walls, doors etc, and the meshes tex coords point accordingly into this texture. Now during rendering I see that my texture fragments are wrong; they are taken with correct shape from the texture, but shifted as mentioned. Of course I thought first that my code from reading the model to feed D3D was wrong, but I output the tex coords that are pushed into the vertex buffers, and I see that they are ok. It must be something in D3D that translates the v coord, I just can''t find the "switch"..

- thomas