VC 6 or VC 7?

Started by
10 comments, last by danger_boy_13 21 years, 3 months ago
I am using VC 6.0. Is it really worth the money to upgrade to VC 7? Is there really that much more?
Until Then, I Remain,Brandon
Advertisement
There is a version 7 now? Wow.
vc 7 is vc.net, if you know that term.. (or visual studio.net)

i moved over to it and never want to step back.. dunno if you _need_ it, but for sure its a cool thingy

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

I prefer VS6. VS6 is more responsive and compiles faster. Also, VS7 compiles slow as hell code in debug mode.
uhm.. here it compiles faster:D

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Definitely VC7/.NET. The new IDE is gorgeous, especially the class view enhancements. Oh, and intellisense actually works nowadays.
Visual Studio 7 seems to be more promising for future version of DirectX and Windows. I like the GUI of VS7 better than VS6.

Flamewars don''t make you look smart, but idiot.
The VC7 IDE ( .NET, unmanaged ) has some unnerving bugs. If you don''t need it, keep VC6 around. It''s faster anyway. Get VC8 as soon as you can ( Final Beta on MSDN download, final version announced for spring ), it''s great.
I agree wait for the VS .NET 2003 it should be out sometime in febuary? april? I forget but they say it should be out around the same time as MS Server .NET so it''s not that long of a wait.
Keep in mind that VC 7 runs only on 2000 & XP (I''m not sure off the top of my head if it runs on prior NT versions). So if you''re still running 95, 98, or ME, you''ll have to upgrade or dual-boot to run it.
Aaargh! Everyone save your workspaces before your program locks up your computer!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement