Problem with Dev C++ 4.01

Started by
5 comments, last by DotDKay 21 years, 3 months ago
Hi I have a problem with Dev C++ 4.01 When i have made a project, and open the *.dev file the included file in the project are empty, but when i open the include file seperate the files are not empty. Anyone got a solution to my problem?
Advertisement
hmmm strange...
i have 4.01 too and that doesn''t happen to me.
did you change any of the options or saved it differently.
maybe that''s was the problem.

do this:
open the .dev, then go to the Add to Project and add the files,
afterwards Save All.

then see if the same thing happens...

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

The same thing happend
I got a bit closer to the problem now, normally when i save project file, i same them on my network drive, on my server. But now i tried to make a project on my own harddrive, but now it worked, really wierd.

But i still can´t figure out why it wont work when i save it on the network drive.
Dev 4 saves the absolute paths of all the project files and when it can''t find a file it opens a blank one so you get that effect if you move the project or something about your network path changes (drive letter) or can''t be reached for some reason.
I''d recommend everyone to use the Dev-C++ 4.9.x betas. They''re quite stable and I haven''t discovered many bugs yet.
It also has fancy features like online-updating and stuff. I like it a lot better than 4.
But this is probably not what you wanted to hear

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." (Albert Einstein)
My Homepage
---Just trying to be helpful.Sebastian Beschkehttp://randomz.heim.at/
JHL thx for the advice, im going to have a look on my server then aka going to kick it hard in the nuts

Randomz nah, not the best thing i could hear, because i have done a lot of configuration in my Dev c++ 4, so wouldnt dream of doing it again

But maybe i should give it a try.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement