Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onfu

good resource for language parsing basics

I''ve decided to make it my life goal to make an a.i that truly comprehends the english language, and which can store knowledge much in the way a human being can. end goal is a being of sepreme logic which i can feed large texts that it will understand by itself. that can make opinions and theories based on a set of facts. ultimate goal: it learns it''s own programming language and begins working on itself so that i don''t have to. i know i know...not very ambitious...but hey...got to start somewhere. i was just wondering if you guys had any personal favorites for natural language parsing tutorials/resources...psuedo code would be helpful. explenations of grammatical break-downs and best to approach etc... any help is appreicated... (seriously though, ...this is kinda just a personal experiment...i''ve got relatively bizzare ways of solving problems, and i take to certain things well while not others... this is something i havn''t tried yet)...obviously i''m well aware that my ambitions are far beyond my own and anyone else''s abilities. i am genuinely interested in language parsing though and would like to give it a shot.

I see that it didn't occur to you to answer the one TINY serious part of my post......

www is obvious. what i wanted was a good reccomendation.

maybe i missed something cryptic hidden inside your grammar accident...

seriously; can anyone here help me out with a good starting resource for VERY BASIC language parsing theory & application?

i'm finding it difficult to get anything good through google.

thanks in advance.

[edited by - onfu on December 29, 2002 3:33:00 AM]

quote:
Original post by Timkin
I''ve deleted the two posts in this thread from ''Junk Detector'' as they served no purpose whatsoever.

Regards,

Timkin

Thanks. It wuz a junk (detected as junk)

but you noticed it too late, I posted it two weeks again.
You think too long dont you

quote:
Original post by Junk Detector
but you noticed it too late, I posted it two weeks again.

The thread has only been up for a week... check your dates. As for the delay in moderating it... we moderators have lives away from GameDev... family, jobs, Christmas & New Years celebrations... that keep us away from the keyboard for extended periods of time. Of course, if there weren''t people posting junk we wouldn''t need to be here at all!

quote:
Original post by Junk Detector
You think too long dont you

If this is some poor attempt to flame me I suggest you think carefully before doing it again. Abusing forum members, especially moderators, is the fastest way to get yourself an IP ban.

Timkin

miserable: Thankyou for making a valid point but you are stating the obvious. It seemed logical to me to assume that any resource on BASIC language parsing would contain a strict set of rules based on CORRECT grammar, even if simple grammar was beyond me. I'm sure I wouldn't need to be an english teacher to achieve a simple goal within the structure of the language.

Timkin: I appreciate the dejunking.

Popolon: Thanks for the link...looks like it has some good info (havn't had a chance to read yet).

cheers.

edit: typos

[edited by - onfu on January 4, 2003 1:45:06 AM]