• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ErikLong

I Need Some Sample Files From The Direct X SDK Documentation

This topic is 6930 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I do not have the Direct X SDK or the Documentation for it. I have been unable to obtain it. You see, I have a very slow connection to the internet. That of course rules out downloading it. (It is a monster of a download) I am also too young to apply and get a credit card number, so I cannot purchase it off of the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN). I would any assistance in obtaining these specific files. Billboard Sample - Billboarding is a way of making 2-D sprites appear to be 3-D. It can also be used for smoke, clouds, vapor trails, energy blasts, and other effects. FileNames: Source: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Src\Billboard Executable: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Bin\VB_Billboard.exe Fireworks Sample - This sample uses 3-D particles to simulate a fireworks explosion. FileNames: Source: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Src\Fireworks Executable: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Bin\VB_Fireworks.exe IMControl Sample - This sample is a control that can be used in an application to render a 3-D scene. It is used in most of the other Visual Basic Direct3D samples. FileNames: Source: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Src\Imcontrol Executable: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Bin\Imcontrol.exe MipMap Sample - The MipMap sample demonstrates mip-mapped textures. FileNames: Source: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Src\Mipmap Executable: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Bin\VB_MipMap.exe PPlane Sample - The PPlane sample animates paper airplanes over a flat surface. FileNames: Source: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Src\PPlane Executable: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Bin\VB_pplanes.exe Tunnel Sample - The Tunnel sample simulates a voyage down a tunnel. FileNames: Source: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Src\Tunnel Executable: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Bin\VB_tunnel.exe VBuffer Sample - This sample shows how to use vertex buffers. FileNames: Source: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Src\VBuffer Executable: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Bin\VB_vertexBuffer.exe XFile Sample - The XFile sample is a viewer for 3-D image files in DirectX format. FileNames: Source: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Src\XFile Executable: (SDK root)\Samples\Multimedia\VBSamples\D3dim\Bin\VB_XFile.exe If you have any of the above files, and would be willing to share them with me, please, feel free to e-mail me at : ErikLong@Mail.Com. Just send the files along as an attachment. If you do use ICQ, please send the file to : ICQ UIN: 42084722. I will be on-line, and I will be sure to except it. Well, anyway, I would appreciate any help that I can get in this matter. Thank you so very much for your time. Cordially, Erik Long ErikLong@Mail.Com ICQ UIN : 42084722

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!