• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark

BSP trees with infinite depth

This topic is 6926 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well... first of all I want to thank all people that replied to me. Secondly... I understand how to render with BSP trees when I use bounding boxes. I don''t understand how to render with BSP trees if the viewing frustrum has infinite depth. Although I think PVS are very usefull. If you know how to render with infinite depth, please let me know. (If you read kD trees, you''ll know what I mean exactly) Thank you in advance. Greetings and thanks from Dark Wizard

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by TheMummy

Hi,
Do you want to render front to back (using s-buffers or sth like that) or back to front ?

I don''t care how I render things... I am using a Z-BUFFER (I use Direct3D with a HAL device)... I just want to know when I have got to stop rendering without using something like: If there is still one pixel to draw then... bla bla bla. Just look at games suchs as Unreal Tournament/Halflife/Quake III and you''ll know what I mean

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!