• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michaK

Hardware acceleration ...

This topic is 6922 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I have a tiny problem aboout Hardware Acceleration. Actually, I have two 3D accelerated cards: an ATI as main display and a Diamond Monster 3D II (3DFX2) for 3D but my ATI is the default display adapter and OpenGL doesn''t seem to switch to the 3DFX (It does really not, looking at the performances ).That is not really blocking me (I can still write code) but doing testing stuff at 3 fps throught software is kinda painful. Does it have something to do with the PixelFormatDescriptor ? Do I have something to write to get a video card selection box in the DirectX style ? and how ? Thanx. -- Computers are not intelligent, they just think they are ... michaK

Advertisement
do you have the OpenGL drivers for you 3dfx card?
I know I didn''t when I had one (I now have a TNT2 Ultra)
and stuff like q3 arena doesn''t run without them. maybe new drivers will help?

get them from
www.3dfx.com

I have a K7-700, with Dual Voodoo2''s and my OpenGl apps only use the primary display adapter, a Permeda, crap 3d acceleration. How can I pick the most capable 3d card on a system, like in DX??

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!