Hazard Ball

Started by
500 comments, last by Qa303asmGuru 19 years, 9 months ago
quote:Original post by Qa303asmGuru
Thirdly, I love the music in this game. Level 5 music being my favorite. I''ve got a music guy for Zmatrix, but so far his only contribution has been the menu music. I''m probably going to end up doing the music myself. But, I do tend to get Hazard Ball game music stuck in my head...lol. In fact, if there was a way to convert the type of music file you used for the game into an mp3, I''d burn them to disk and make a whole music CD out of them (with your permission of course )!
Well, you can! Hope Genaside doesn''t hate me for this... Rename the music files to .mod and open them in Winamp. Now change the output for Winamp to write to WAV file, then just burn the WAVs.

"Wireless mice 4R3 73|-| 5UX0R" - Me
Advertisement
HAHA!!! That's so cool!!!

Thanks SailorStick!!!

EDIT: Forgot to ask, how to you change winamps output to convert to a WAV?

[edited by - qa303asmguru on April 30, 2003 3:31:20 AM]
I just downloaded Winamp3 and it doesn''t look like you can do it!!! In winamp2 however (which you can still download BTW) just go to the preferences and then to output. Change to output to a file instead of sound card. Can''t be more specific sorry.
Apologies for the off-topic post Genaside.

"Wireless mice 4R3 73|-| 5UX0R" - Me
You CAN convert MP3 to WAV with Winamp3. However, for Winamp3, you have to download the Diskwriter plugin. Go to their site and click on the "Components" tab near the top. Below, you will find a link to "Output Components" On the next page, you should find the link to download Diskwriter for Winamp3 within the list of plugins.

Eleventy

Okay lets not get too off topic here. Thanks for the info about the music, but lets not get carried away.

Gen:
I play tested level 5 last night on my much slower work computer, and made the jumps just fine. No boosts, just full speed and I was able to jump across easily.

Question: Are you doing gravity calculations every frame? Because if you are then I''m guessing that would probably cause the ball to fall faster on different computers, and if you have the speed of the ball already compensating for different framerates, but not gravity, that would explain the problem.

If that''s not the case, I don''t know what to tell ya :-/

Anyway, I almost beat level 6 last night! So close, I was so close but I always fall were you have to move over a disappearing floor real quick, stop, and then move over another one, etc. That''s going to take some time to master.

Talk to you soon bud. Hope we can figure out this jumping problem.

*Before I forget, I also experience the same problem on level 4 were you have to jump after you exit a pipe and land in a small area with the 2 flames as a ''door''. I''ll take a screen shot of the area I mean so you know what I''m talking about*
Dude, the level 5 music is seriously the coolest techno song I've ever heard. I don't care what anybody says. I can't seem to stop listening to it.

I hope I can find a music guy as talented as yours for my game.

[edited by - qa303asmguru on May 1, 2003 9:19:02 PM]
Heh, I''m still listening to it...

Gen I really hope you don''t mind if I put that song on CD so I can listen to it in my car. You probably don''t, but I just want to make sure you know I''m not going to go selling the song somewhere or something stupid.
4 posts in a row? Ah well I don''t care, I''m bumpin'' it again.

The level 5 music really rocks on my system in my car. I made an mp3 of the song.

I can''t belive how much compression you get with .mod files! The .mod file for level 5 music was ~300k, whereas the .wav file was over 35 megs! LOL! The mp3 was ~3.5 megs. I''m STILL addicted to that song. I can''t explain what it is...it''s just a very very VERY cool song.

Haven''t heard from ya in a while Gen. Hope yer havin'' fun.

Happy birthday btw, a little late. How old?

BTW, check out the sig.

-MG a.k.a. Qa303asmGuru (until I get my account fixed).

| My Unfinished Page | | I need answers! | | Genaside presents: Hazard Ball | | Maddox |
-MG a.k.a. Qa303asmGuru (until I get my account fixed).| My Unfinished Page | | I need answers! | | Genaside presents: Hazard Ball | | Maddox |
I made it to level 7!!!! W00T!!!!

Level 6 is hard, wow. Took me forever to finally beat it. I almost had a heart attack at the end when I thought I was going to jump into a gap lol!

Now to beat level 7, which is...well...amazing (just how many things ARE you gonna throw at me in this level Gen? )

-MG a.k.a. Qa303asmGuru (until I get my account fixed).

| My Unfinished Page | | I need answers! | | Genaside presents: Hazard Ball | | Maddox |
-MG a.k.a. Qa303asmGuru (until I get my account fixed).| My Unfinished Page | | I need answers! | | Genaside presents: Hazard Ball | | Maddox |
I just wanted to say something good about this cool game but alas, I can't say anything that hasn't already been said
Oh well, Cool game! Very addictive. Keep up the good work Genaside.

[edited by - NecroCoder on May 3, 2003 5:01:23 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement