• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Genaside

Hazard Ball

This topic is 5239 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Genaside,
I dl''ed and played for about 30 minutes... had to make myself stop... Great game and this one is going on my laptop... it would be even better to port to PocketPC/Palm so folks could Hazard Ball while waiting in a queue

Do you have plans to release a map editor, for us geeks to create levels, in the future?

It reminds me of an old Win95 game called KYE... Nice work and let us know when you release the completed game.

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser

Advertisement
Im really glad you like it :o) I have no idea about Palm's but I do have intensions of porting it over to GBA I know that should handle it quite well.

The Map editor; well Im looking for level designers so you'll need the Map Editor if you want to make levels

I hope I made myself clear, since I have had no offers of help yet. But I am also looking for people skilled in Graphics, Music (mods), and level design.

Making levels takes time as they need to be planned out before actually using the editor to create them.

I have a friend and myself making levels so far. Its very time consuming so Id like even more help on it.

Thanks again, and if anyone is interested in helping then please dont hesitate to contact me with the area you want to help with

[EDIT]
AP: Thanks for the advice, but I noticed that myself and switched to relative mode a while back. It just seems some people have problems and I cant fix it it works on the majority though. Maybe its something to do with Direct Input? Has anyone had issues like this before, or is it just me?
[/EDIT]

[edited by - Genaside on January 6, 2003 10:05:07 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
(same AP)
Not sure, relative mode has always worked for me. If all else fails you can always just use plain ol'' GetCursorPos(), haven''t had any problems at all with that.

BTW, did you code the mod sound engine yourself? Any tips/resources/advice/example code on creating a mod sound engine? I have gotten Ogg Vorbis to work with DirectSound, but mods look much more complicated :O! Thanks!

Hey there,

Thanks for the suggestion but wouldnt GetCursorPos() max at the screen width? Unless you are meaning something else...

Send me an email and we can discuss mods seperately if you are interested.

hey genaside,

great game. would you like some help with the level design? i''ve got free time and would be more than happy to help. let me know, drop me an e-mail at nullpointer@email.uophx.edu or go ahead and instant message me (i use aim) at ''theNULLpointer'' (omit the quotes.)

thanks,

gary p.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Genaside, I tried to email you but I got an error. Do you have another email address?

quote:
Original post by Genaside
Thanks for the suggestion but wouldnt GetCursorPos() max at the screen width? Unless you are meaning something else...
Not if you move it back to the center of the screen with SetCursorPos.

Wow, Excellent game!! I like it very much!
Simple idea, easy to play, very good realization.
I programmed a similar (of course never as nice as yours) game around ten years ago.
I put it at:
http://www.geocities.com/liebeskleineskerlchen/crazyBalls.zip

But please be indulgent I programmed it entirely in assembly (didn''t know any other language at that time...).
But it has a lot of similarities like one way tiles, fire tiles, teleportation...
You have to run the file crazyb.bat (sorry the instructions are in German). The sound doesn''t seem to work anymore.
Basically you have a red ball that you directly control with the cursor keys. A yellow ball is following the red one when possible.
The goal is to put first the yellow ball then the red one in the hole.
Game 001 is to demonstrate the different tiles, game 002 is more fun to play.

Anyway, your game is excellent Genaside! Keep on working on that game, it has a lot of potential!

Marc

MrFreeze, Thanks for sharing that game with me I think its great! Its quite funny how many "Ball games" there are Cheers for the nice words and support I''m working as hard as I can

Beer Hunter and AP, I thought of that theory while trying to sleep last night but didnt think it was the way to go. After hearing you mention it Im now wondering if it will work effectively. Have you ever taken that path before? I''ll give it a shot and if it works expect to see your names in the greets Though I would have expected DInput to work best.. ah well.

Llamaboy, I''ll get an email to you soon with a document on level creation.. see how it goes from there I just need to do 1 or 2 things right now so it''ll be later on. Thanks

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!