• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nes8bit

Everyone likes Hasbro

This topic is 6924 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
They also make faulty infant carriers, and waited for 18 infants to get skull fractures before they did a recall.

Woo Hoo, Now those guys care!

Hasbro owns Monopoly and Batman/Action Man action figures, yahoo!

Time comes, time goes and I only am.

Whilst looking through my game collection I just saw that Roller Coaster Tycoon was Hasbro''s. It might have been a cool game, but if thats not a complete rip off of Bullfrog''s "Theme Park", then I don''t know what is. I think the word hypocritical springs to mind.

Hasbro's probably gonna sue Bullfrog for Theme Park.

(Yes, I know Bullfrog made its game first, that's my point. Anyhow...didn't a lot of these companies being sued by Hasbro make their games BEFORE Hasbro got the Intellectual (sic) Property Rights?)

P h a n t a s m
"Through dreams I control mankind."
--Legend

--or was it SIM Theme Park that came before Roller Coaster Tycoon? Or are they the same?

Edited by - Phantasm on 5/7/00 2:09:54 PM

quote:
Original post by Phantasm

Hasbro''s probably gonna sue Bullfrog for Theme Park.

(Yes, I know Bullfrog made its game first, that''s my point. Anyhow...didn''t a lot of these companies being sued by Hasbro make their games BEFORE Hasbro got the Intellectual (sic) Property Rights?)

P h a n t a s m
"Through dreams I control mankind."
--Legend

--or was it SIM Theme Park that came before Roller Coaster Tycoon? Or are they the same?

Edited by - Phantasm on 5/7/00 2:09:54 PM

The author of RCT (Chris Sawyer) doesn''t seem to be very original. His first major game, Transport Tycoon (also published by Microprose), was based off of Railroad Tycoon; he even freely admitted it in a letter from the author type of thing at the beginning of the manual. When I first got RCT, I realized how much of a ripoff it was, though it is 100x better than Theme Park.

Chris Snyder
Systems Administrator
MVP Software
http://www.cardgames.com

quote:
Original post by nes8bit

They make pokemon.

well, its obvious now that Hasbro is EEVIL INCARNATE.

Common, anything that would willingly spread the pokemon virus is definitely evil.

===============================================
"Tell brave deeds of war."
Then they recounted tales, -- "There were stern stands And bitter runs for glory."

Ah, I think there were braver deeds.

quote:
Original post by Phantasm

Hasbro''s probably gonna sue Bullfrog for Theme Park.

what if Peter Molinuex (sp?) decided to sue Hasbro?
talk about a little poetic justice...

===============================================
"Tell brave deeds of war."
Then they recounted tales, -- "There were stern stands And bitter runs for glory."

Ah, I think there were braver deeds.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!