Please, someone help me!

Started by
1 comment, last by Gak 23 years, 11 months ago
I''m not new to the ''delights'' of C++ or OOP but DirectX is really getting me down. I''ve followed the Direct Draw tutorial in the documentation that comes with the SDK but I cannot understand it. I understand the steps required to initialise Direct X and Direct Draw objects, so it isn''t a conceptual thing. It''s just that I can''t see myself getting better at it because the tutorial leaves so much out. If you look at the documented tutorial and then look at the source code of that same tutorial then you can see how much has been altered or added. Does anyone know of a _good_ tutorial to get me started, be cause I am so frustrated with the compilation errors that only my code is producing. I thought DirectX was supposed to ease games programming, but I have my doubts! Please help me and thanks in advance.
Advertisement
I would recommend a book, because I havent yet found any amazing DX tutorials.
Lamothe''s Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Guru''s seems to be most people''s pick these days.

-Mezz
Yup,

Lamoth is a good writing, I''ve enjoyed his stuff. I''m anxiously awaiting his contributation to our non existant library of D3D books. Another good author is Stan Trujilo. Both his DirectX books are a bit dated but I found them extremely helpful in introducing myself to both D3D and DirectDraw.

Happy Reading,

Sieggy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement