• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CoiN

Direct X question!

This topic is 6923 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hallo, What are the differences between programming directX with VB and DirectX with C++ e.g. would I have to get a specific DirectX book for C++ or would it do for both? Because i was thinking of buying a book and i Just wanted to make sure I program VB at the moment but Im going to move onto C++ sooner or later, know of any good books? Thanks in advance....

Advertisement
Coin- this post, while having something to do with general programming (although not much...), best deserves to be in the DirectX/OpenGL/Glide board. You should post it there if you want the bestb results... if you''re having trouble finding the different boards, read the FAQ, or ask for some help (in more than one way).

GO LEAFS GO!

>> What are the differences between programming directX with VB and DirectX with C++ e.g. would I have to get a specific DirectX book for C++ or would it do for both?

Well first of all, VB and C++ are very different languages, so you can''t just not copy and paste the examples from book that teaches C++ and DX to VB and expect it to run

/. Muzzafarath

The DirectX part of it all should and is the same in both VB & C++. If you can understand both decently (haven''t we all programmed basic sometimes hehe) you shouldn''t have any problems converting the code from VB to C++ and vice versa.
Conclusion, programming DirectX is (it was at least when I tried using an old typelib before DX7 came out. I bet they have some screwy control for it now ) is pretty much the same in VB as in DirectX, programming games is not .

"Paranoia is the belief in a hidden order behind the visible." - Anonymous

Sprites in DX?

I dont'' know but i''m asking.

In sprites do you have to make an and-mask also for the sprite?

VB DirectX does not have all the features of C++ DirectX. It puts stuff into VB classes instead of using the COM interface.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!